Summer – Ideas for Family Summer Fun!
Keeping the Kids Busy this Summer – Ideas for Family Summer Fun!
When the kids are out of school, you may wonder what you can do to retain your sanity and keep them busy. Three months can seem like a lifetime when you’ve got little ones who don’t have enough to do. This summer, make the most of your time without school commitments and have fun together! Here are some enjoyable activities that are fun for the whole family:
- Get Wet. Break out the garden hose and create a water park in the backyard! It’s great fun to come up with new water games or just run through the sprinkler.
- Pop the Tent. Camp in your own backyard by putting up a tent. You can tell funny bedtime stories (no fire required) and sing camp songs.
- Get Crafty. Get creative with crafts made using the items in your junk or school drawers. It’s amazing what can be made with a little glue, googly eyes, and some Popsicle sticks.
- Rock Hunting. Rocks come in all shapes and sizes, so why not grab some from the garden and start a collection? You can use finger paints or watercolors to decorate the rocks (maybe add these to the craft suggestion in No. 3?).
- Hit the Road. A local road trip is always a fun way to spend time together. Look at the map and find a local destination you’ve never visited, such as a park or point of interest. Pack a homemade lunch to save money on fast food.
- Dance Party. Create a dance party at home with a speaker and the radio or your phone. Play games such as musical chairs or name that tune and give prizes for the winners. Prizes can be simple, such as siblings serving lunch or doing chores, while others can be picked up from the dollar bin.
- Sports Day. Enjoy a backyard Olympics by setting up an obstacle course or playing a friendly tournament of ball toss.
Enjoying family fun this summer doesn’t have to break the bank. Get creative and enjoy them while it lasts – it won’t be long before the kids are loaded on the school bus and the house is way too quiet again.
Click Here to login, to post a comment or to like this blog.