CHEESE STEAK PINWHEELS
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1 lb. tri-tip meat, thinly sliced (or your preferred cut)
- 1/3 cup Rondele Garlic and Herb Spread (or cream cheese or a flavored cream cheese)
- 1 can Pilsbury Pizza Dough
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add in onions and sprinkle with sugar on top, stir and cook until caramelized, about 10-12 minutes. Stir in bell peppers and cook until tender . Remove from pan and set aside
- Add in remaining tablespoon of butter and olive oil. Stir in beef and cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in Rondele cheese and remove from heat. Set meat aside to cool to warm, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out and top with cheese. Layer with meat mixture. Starting at one long side edge start rolling towards the other long side to create a long log. Cut log into 3/4 inch slices. Place pinwheels on prepared baking sheet 2-inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees F until top are golden brown about 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-7 minutes before serving