BLUEBERRY LEMON FRENCH TOAST CASSEROLE
Big Boy Breakfasts
- 1 1lb. Dave’s Killer Blues Bread
- 6 eggs
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup maple syrup (plus more for serving)
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, zest
- One day ahead, place bread slices out to dry, then cut each slice into six equal pieces. Set aside.
- Preparation: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly butter. Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs well combined. Add both milks, sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, salt, and lemon zest. Add the bread pieces and mix to coat. Stir in the blueberries. Pour the mixture into prepared dish. Bake top is golden, puffed and center is set, about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve immediately with powdered sugar and maple syrup.